Monday, July 27, 2009

Quick Update to Love is a Choice

I can't even begin to tell you how encouraged I have been by friends who have e-mailed, left blog comments, called or came to find me at church this week-end.
Just to know that you are not alone is such a help. I spent some time on my yahoo group with fellow adoptive Moms, and it was so good to find that I am not the only one going through this with our recently adopted little one, nor am I the only one who is struggling. Not that it is good that they are struggling, but it is good to hear that I have not lost my sanity and to hear from Moms who have already walked this path that things do get better. Thanks to all of you!

I also wanted to let you know that we had a FANTASTIC week-end. Let there be no doubt that prayer works. As friends have prayed, we had a week-end without any major meltdowns, no tantrums, no lying, no sharing issues, no big competition issues, no need to use the "thinking stool" and best of all, NO VOMITING because she didn't want to eat.

On Friday night when she was done eating, she said, "Mommy, Tummy full. I no more want this". I actually cried. What a big sentence and how nice to not end my evening cleaning vomit from all over the kitchen! Indeed, we have had no vomit since Thursday now-well, not on purpose. There was an amazing episode of carsickness on Friday night, but that was very obviously not on purpose and proved to be a good thing in the end, as I took care of her and cleaned her up and then comforted her, which seemed to make a big impact on her-she was so loving and grateful afterwards.

I'm sure that there will still be challenging days ahead, but I am grateful for signs of progress which give me hope for the future. I was able to crawl out of bed this morning without dreading the day to come.

We have some good pics from an outing with friends and lots of fun little stories about what we did this week-end, but for now I am off to make the most of the time while the boys are at Music Camp for the week.

Oh, and just to let you know how well things are going, I am typing this while Rosie is awake and playing- happily entertaining herself.

2 comments:

  1. yea!!!! so glad you had a good weekend.
    Praying
    Love
    dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear! I was going to tell you that we went and visited our Sunday school class for the first time yesterday....we're going to Ridgecrest. Anyway, there was a couple in the class whose court date was today....they are adopting a little boy from Ethiopia. I was so excited for them! I'm hoping to hear good news from them next week.:)

    ReplyDelete