Friday, March 6, 2009

Tea for Two

I love that my boys have such different personalities. They may look alike and are often mistaken for twins when siting down so that their height difference doesn't show. But, if you know them, then you know just how different they are.

Noah is usually gentle, compassionate, loving, articulate, and well-mannered. It seems to come fairly easy for him, and he's pretty much always been this way. Nathan was born a ruffian! He came into the world at 9 lb. 12 oz. and seemed to always feel that he had big shoes to fill. He is loud, energetic, rough-and-tumble, and loves dirt and mud more than anything except Mommy.

So, it was much to my surprise when Nathan was the one to invite me to my first tea party. I've been waiting for this day. I always wanted to play tea party with my children but assumed that I was going to have to wait for Rosie to want to have tea parties, as the boys had never shown any inclination towards having one and it didn't quite seem like the perfect game to play with boys. But, once again Nathan has surprised me. He called me to come upstairs and when I did, he had the table all set including quilts for our laps so that we could be "comfy and warm". He proved a perfect host, showed off excellent table manners, and had remembered that I like pears best. Such fun. Now, I have only to hope that Rosie will love to have tea parties too, but that she won't talk him into wearing a pink feather boa while hosting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment