Monday, March 2, 2009

Adoption Update

It's late. Like, after 11:00 (which is late for us), and really, I should have just gone straight to bed. But, I decided to check e-mail to see if Dani had had her baby and to check on Abby Riggs. To my surprise, there was an e-mail titled "New Court Date" in our inbox.

Yes, we have a new court date! Unbeknown to us, our agency petitioned the Ethiopian court system for an earlier court date for several families who were given court dates quite a while after our actual referrals. And, those petitions were granted. We are now scheduled for court on March 27. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We now have court in 3 weeks and 4 days. Should we pass, we will also have earlier travel dates. We should hear the end of this week or early next week about new travel dates.

Oh my goodness. I need to get busy. I have so much to do to get ready. I need to change the ticker on the top of my blog!!! I just put it up this morning.

But, seriously, all excitement aside, I am so grateful. God is obviously moving in the hearts of Ethiopian officials and in the court system. Several months ago when things began to slow down for families who were waiting for court dates and for thsoe who were not passing court, our little "yahoo group adoption family" began to pray together for God to intervene and to be faithful to His promise to "set the orphans in families" . Last month, a couple of the ladies divided up each day into 48 1/2-hour segments and many of us signed up to cover a half-hour slot on a daily basis so that we could quite literally pray without ceasing for our children, those working on our children's behalf, and for all of the officials whose paperwork, signatures, and blessing were needed for adoptions to be completed. And, we are now watching as God does amazing things in Ethiopia. Last month saw record numbers of children referred, and now we watch in awe as March begins with more great news. God is good!

And now, I really must go to bed. The next couple of weeks are going to be even busier than I thought!

2 comments:

  1. May I just say that I love your songlist? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog, Sarah! I miss getting to visit with you and I really enjoy getting a glimpse into your life. I started one recently too if you want to check it out. It's powellfamilyfrequents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete