Thursday, September 17, 2009

How wide and long and high and deep

I am trying to help Rosie learn to enjoy reading as her comprehension of English is growing rapidly. She doesn't really sit very well if I try to read to all of the kids together, so I have started cuddling up with her one on one to read just before she goes to bed at night.

This week I chose a book that I bought for her before she came home but that we hadn't read yet called "I Love You This Much".

It starts with a paraphrase of Ephesians 3: 17-18, "I pray that you may have power to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ".

The story is about the love of a Mommy Bear and her cub. Throughout the day Mommy Bear sings a little song to her cub: I love you best. I love you most. I love you high. I love you low. I love you deep. I love you wide. I love you THIS much.

Rosie loves it. So do I.

I was in need of a new verse to pray for the many mini munchkins, and this book came at just the perfect time. My new verse to pray for them: And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is Ephesians 3:17 and 18

No comments:

Post a Comment