Monday, September 28, 2009

A Great Week-end

Last week stunk! Seriously! The kind of funny achiness of last week-end turned into a full week of flu for me. Not. Fun. At. All. Thankfully, by Thursday night I was convinced I might live, and by Friday I felt well enough to take Noah for his ultrasound. We had plans to take a family camping trip for the week-end, but decided that wasn't a good idea given the fact that we were just recovering and didn't have anything packed. Instead, we decided to just have a quiet week-end at home.

On Saturday morning, Gareth let me sleep in, so I didn't have to get up until 9:30!

Then, we enjoyed a lazy morning making brunch together: gingerbread waffles with homemade applesauce and whipped cream, fried ham, eggs, juice, and coffee.

By the time we'd tidied up, it was 2:00. So, we headed outside for some yardwork and spent a happy 3 hours washing windows, dead-heading flowers, and weeding in the vegetable beds. I planted some more lettuce and radishes, and we harvested the last of the pumpkins.

Gareth had tried to get a baby-sitter without success, so we decided to make it a family date and got everybody showered and cleaned up. We went to Woodland Hills and had gyros, then did some clothes shopping, and then my sweet husband treated me to a pedicure as a surprise!

It was absolute bliss!

Now that Fall is arriving and the lawn won't take so much time to mow every week, I am looking forward to lots more relaxed weel-ends together.

No comments:

Post a Comment