Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Is there a Dr. in the house?




I love babies. I miss having babies. Well, I miss parts of it. But, I don't wish my boys were babies again. This part of life is just too much fun. Okay, there are days when it's just a whole lot like hard work, but overall, it's great. Nathan will be 4 next month, and he is really into imaginative play at the minute. One minute he'll be a panther and the next he may be a pirate, a soldier, a cat, Ally's (one of his best friends) dog, or a doctor.

I think the Doctor is my personal favorite. He takes himself so seriously. Checking his beeper every few minutes, checking my temperature and blood pressure, putting on band-aids, holding very serious conversations on his cell phone, listening to my heart, and then giving his diagnosis. It's always the same. "You're awful sick. Your blood pressure is 37/194 (or some such crazy number) and you have a fever. You're 387. I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you some medicine". When asked what's wrong with me, his response is always the same: Well, you have a bad cough, and your ears are full of gunk.

Thanksfully, having ears full of gunk does not seem to be life-threatening. However, the shock I get when he sneaks up behind me and stabs me in the posterior with his syringe may well prove fatal for me one of these days.






1 comment:

  1. Too CUTE !! What an imagination.He must have had some previous experience with the medical profession !!! Knowing about beepers, etc.so fun !!!

    ReplyDelete