Sunday, February 8, 2009

From the mouth of Nathan

Okay, more than one post a day is not going to be a regular occurence, but I wanted to share my favorite interactions with Nathan so far today:

1. At about 3:30 this morning, I became aware of little feet pitter pattering into our bedroom. What do you want Nathan? To which, the response was: I have a problem. Something's wrong with me. Neither one of my nostrils is working.

2. Thanks to the pink eye infections, we are using some homeopathic drops in the boys' eyes. Now, putting eye drops in the boys' eyes is harder than trying to herd snakes and not nearly as fun. You would think there was murder about to happen. Anyhow, after lunch I called them into the living room to lay down and have drops put in. After some brief reasoning with Noah, he complied nicely, and we were done. I was going to wait to dose Nathan, as all previous attempts to reason with him have failed completely, and we have previously had to resort to hog-tying him to get the job done. But, he had a new plan for this time. Walking up to me very somberly, he says, "No thank you, Mommy. I've been thinking about it, and I've decided that I really don't care for any eye-drops this time". Nice manners, nice try, but no luck for Nathan.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah! Nathan is too funny! Sounds like something Amy might come up with. Great to see you blogging. I'll check in from time to time. So glad you guys are getting closer to AbiRose... --Phebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! Such well mannered little men! I remember all too well the "hog-tying" actually when Nate had his cataracts removed. I straddled him..That worked pretty well most of the time.Try putting contacts in a four yr old that didn't want them in....I do feel your pain! LOL

    ReplyDelete