Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thinking

Thinking that I need to change the name of the blog. It no longer feels like I have many mini munchkins at my house. At least 85-90% of the time, it feels quite manageable. Now, that other 10-15, well, not so much. And, those days keep me grounded, aware of my own weakness and sin nature and how reliant I am on my Heavenly Father.

Thinking about how we'll know when it's the right time to add another munchkin to the mix. (Did I mention that on Valentine's Day Gareth surprised me by talking about when we adopt again and what we needed in order to be ready for an infant? Then, he really surprised me by mentioning it in Sunday School as a prayer request.)

Thinking that I must be (at least a little) insane to consider a new baby.....but certain that I want to.

Thinking about how Rosie will cope with a new addition to the family (she is the one who asks for a baby in our family most often) and wondering what is the perfect length of time to wait before we start the paperwork pregnancy again.

Thinking that adding number 4 really will give people reason to "pigeon hole" me. Not only am I a homeschooler, I'm one of those "nut job" homeschoolers with a million kids! :) (Mind you, I never set out to be a homeschooler or to have a million kids, it's just kind of happened as God has led us step by step along the way. I don't know what the future holds or how many more children it holds, but I know that I love my life and my family and am content to wait and see what God has planned for us.)

Thinking about how much I love to watch Gareth cuddling a baby. A dear friend of mine recently had her 3rd, and I didn't get much cuddle time in with her this last Connection Sunday, because Gareth came over and "stole" her from me and spent the rest of the evening snuggling with her.

Thinking that I'm so glad that I can trust the Lord to order our steps and know that we don't have to make these decisions on our own.

P.S. If I do ever manage to end up with a million kids and we're still homeschooling, then I will consider myself to be in good company. I've gotten to know a couple of those "nut job" families over the last year, and they are raising some amazingly great kids!

P.S.S. How does "Life with the Not So Many Not So Mini Munchkins" sound?

No comments:

Post a Comment