Tuesday, February 9, 2010

From the Mouth of Nathan

We had hot dogs for lunch yesterday (Yeah, I know, I'm a bad mother allowing my children to eat an occasional nitrate-laden processed meat, but they LOVE them, and it is only occasionally).

Anyhow, Noah and Nathan decided they wanted chili dogs. When I put them together and saw those hot dogs covered in chili and cheese, I decided that a fork and knife were probably in order.

Nathan is just beginning to be allowed to use a fork to cut his own meals. He makes hard work of it! About half-way through trying to cut up his chili dog, the bun wasn't cooperating, and the hot dog was sliding around. He looked at it very indignantly and said, "You hot dog. You're just not cooperating. You're heinous, that's what you are, a heinous hot dog."

Definition of heinous: hateful, odious; abominable; totally reprehensible. Okay, well, we probably need to work on the definition a bit more with him, but it does make me smile to hear my 4-year old learning and trying to use big words!

No comments:

Post a Comment