Saturday, August 15, 2009

Favorite Food-not on Friday

Okay, last post for the day. I need to do some housework and have promised Gareth some of his favorite cookies. Which inspired me to share this recipe. This is one I created myself, and it has been a big hit with my dear husband and the many mini munchkins.

Jam Shortbread

2 cups butter, softened*
1 cup sugar
2 t. vanilla extract*
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 jar of good-quality raspberry jam (my favorite is Simply Fruit)
*Please, use the real deal. Made with margarine or imitation vanilla, these won't be nearly as nice!*

Preheat your oven to 350. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the vanilla extract. Gradually add flour. Drop by heaping Tablespoonfuls into greased miniature muffin cups. Use the handle end of a wooden spoon to make an indentation in the middle of the cookie dough. Fill this with a scant teaspoon of raspberry jam. Bake at 350 for approximately 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool completely in pans and then carefully run the tip of a paring knife around the edges and invert onto a cookie sheet to remove.

Right-my mouth is watering! I'm off to bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment