Thursday, August 20, 2009

Book Review: God's Little Princess Devotional Bible

I've had this book for ages now, but given the busyness of the summer, just haven't managed to get it reviewed (Sorry, Thomas Nelson. I really do LOVE your book review program!)

But, I finally decided I just had to knuckle down and write the review. So, here goes:

Having just added a little princess to our family, my book choice this time was the "God's Little Princess Devotional Bible" by Sheila Walsh. The princess was in love with this book from the second it arrived (probably has something to do with the crown and jewels on the cover), and I love it, too. This book is worth every penny of the $16.99 MSRP.

Small princesses (probably mostly the 6-10 year old kind) will love the Beauty Secrets (think inner beauty), Bible Princesses, My Hero (Scripture promises), Take a Bow (easy scripts and props to act out the story with Mom), I Adore You (songs, scripture and worship activities), Royal Truths, Down In My Heart (Scripture Memory), Princess Charming, and Worthy of Love (ideas to show how a princess should love her "royal subjects": family, siblings, friends and those in the community) articles written alongside the Bible stories.

Moms of little princesses will love how this book helps them to understand Scripture and internalize the true secrets to being beautiful inside and out. And, I personally love how the Take a Bow section is written to include Mom in the fun and learning.

Our little princess needs to learn a little more English before we can take full advantage of this book together, but I can't wait 'til she can! I highly recommend this book to parents of young princesses everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment