Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Would Gather Children

Throughout our adoption journey, I found several poems that I loved. But, last night at Rosie's Welcome Home Shower, my friend Karen Baker shared this one. I love it. It made me cry last night, and again this morning. It was such a sweet evening (pictures to follow later), but it started my heart aching all over again for the little ones still waiting for a "forever family". My hands are full right now, and so is my heart, but I long to be able to go back and bring home another sweet little one. I have purposed to begin praying now, that in His perfect timing, God would give us the ability to adopt again.

I Would Gather Children
-- author unknown

Some would gather money
Along the path of life,
Some would gather roses,
And rest from worldly strife.

But I would gather children
From among the thorns of sin,
I would seek a golden curl,
And a freckled, toothless grin.

For money cannot enter
In that land of endless day,
And roses that are gathered
Soon will wilt along the way.

But oh, the laughing children,
As I cross the sunset sea,
And the gates swing wide to heaven
I can take them in with me!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful !!! Such a precious poem! I am looking forward to your pictures too :O)

    ReplyDelete