Monday, June 29, 2009

First Sentence

Rosie spoke her first sentence this last week. When I went in to tuck her into bed and give hugs and kisses, she gave me a big hug around the neck and whispered, "I love you so much, Mommy." Definitely a cold chills and tears welling up in the eyes-type moment.

"I love you so much" is not a phrase I use with Rosie. I often tell her that I love her, but "so much" aren't words I use with it. "So much" is Noah's phrase used to describe things he really wants or likes. Seems that my little girls' English is getting good enough that she's going to start making word combinations on her own!

After I scooped her up to hug her and told her how much I loved her, too, she asked, "I love you so much, Mommy-good?" I assured her that she had said it right, and so she went on to tell me, "I love you so much Mommy, I love you so much Daddy, I love you so much Noah, I love you so much Nathan".

With Noah and Nathan, I was so excited to hear their first words. Noah's was titi (kitty) and Nathan's was Daddy. Having had Rosie added to our family after she was already speaking, I was waiting to hear what her first English sentence would be. She did not disappoint!

3 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    that is absolutely adorable. I have loved watching Rosie's transition home!! Hey I would love to know about the probiotics you took with you. I know you said they did wonders in a post a ways back.

    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all the special times you share with us! Thank you so much. I always am eager to hear and SEE what your little ones are doing! What a precious little girl God has blessed you with, AND what a precious HOME God has BLESSED Rosie with !!!!!!! Oh, you never did tell us how Gareth reacted to "the DRESS"

    ReplyDelete