Friday, April 9, 2010

Being Nathan's Mommy-

It's never dull. Take this morning as a case in point. I'm tidying up the house, and I give each of the munchkins a chore to help. I sent Nathan to put a card in the mailbox. A couple of minutes later, Nathan returns with eyes the size of saucers, and with a loud voice and big gestures says, "Mommy, I can't go play yet. I have something I have to tell you! I found a frog. I touched him! I was petting him." Now, this is indeed a big deal! Last year, Nathan loved to "hunt" for frogs but would shriek and wail anytime I would pick one up and try to get him to stroke it. So, I am suitably impressed and say, "Wow, Nathan! That's great! Would you like to bring the frog in to show Noah and Rosie?" Then it occurs to me, "Where is the frog?" Nathan says, "Sure, Mommy. He's a big frog. I found him in the road. He's a flat frog!"


Oh, NASTY! EEEWWWWW! EEEEEWWWWW! GROSS!!!!!!!!! UUUUGGGG! GROSS! (Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system.) Anyhow, I submit this as just one (of many) piece of evidence that life as Nathan's Mommy is a job worthy of hazard pay. But, it is never dull!

By the way, you young whipper-snapper ushers at church (namely Jon and Paul) who laugh at the industrial-sized bottle of hand sanitizer peeking out of the side of my purse, one day when you have sons this age, maybe you'll understand! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment