Monday, May 25, 2009

Overheard at Our House This Week

Except for the hours of the night when the children are deeply asleep, it is pretty much never quiet anymore. In fact, I think that if you could put an audio clip into the dictionary next to the word cacophany, it would be a clip from our house. This gives plenty of opportunity for aggravation, but it also provides plenty of opportunity for laughter and a great window into my children's world. Here are just a few of the things overheard at our house this week:

Rosie singing "Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelujah. Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelujah. Hallelu,Mommy. Hallelu, Daddy. Hallelu, Jesus. I love you, Mommy. I love you, Daddy. I love you, Jesus." She sang this for like 20 minutes straight.

Noah was outside playing with the little girl from across the street while I was weeding the garden. They were playing pirates and burying their "treasure" in the sand pit. I wasn't paying much attention until I heard him say, "You know, Ella, we're just pretending, but the Bible tells us we really should be laying up our treasure in heaven. Our treasures are the things we do that please God, how we act and what we say and the people we tell about Jesus". Ella replied that her treasure was at home in her house. Noah then said, "Well, you know, it's only going to get eaten up by moths and get all rusty. If you store up your treasure in heaven it will last forever. Here, maybe this song will help you understand", and then he proceeded to sing her the song we learned from Matthew 6: 19-21-Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and thieves break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

And, last but certainly not least, an offering from Nathan. Usually when Nathan gives me kisses, they are very puckered up, small kisses. But last night, he was feeling super affectionate and I got a very big kiss that ended with him smacking his lips and then declaring, "Huh, that was a good one. I got you with both of 'em, didn't I?"

Never a dull moment, friends. Maybe that's why I'm so tired anymore, but it sure is fun.

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cute. I love Noah and the treasure comments. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete