Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Boy and His Dog

When I looked out the window yesterday, this was what I saw. Nathan had "invented" a leash by taking the old net off of his basketball hoop for the collar part and then dis-assembling the jump rope for the lead. He was having a great time! Inky seemed to enjoy it, too. He spent ages walking her around the backyard.


I was a little concerned when we brought Inky home that the boys would get tired of her and find that owning a dog wasn't all they thought it would be. But, almost one year later, Nathan still loves Inky. And, I think the feeling is mutual. She always acts pleased to see him, puts up with him sitting on her, and humors him by walking round and round the yard on his leash.

My little boy is getting so big. I can't wait to see the man he grows up to be, but part of me aches to think that all too soon he'll be too big to spend his days "inventing leashes" and finding adventure in walking the dog in his back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment