Monday, March 4, 2013

Reality Check

On Sunday morning, Rosie came into the bathroom for some help fixing her hair.  Having arrived, she sat down on the chair and watched me finish getting ready for church.  After a couple of minutes, she stuck her head out of the bathroom door and shouted to the rest of the family, "Mommy is really beautiful today!"

From the kitchen, Nathan shouted back, "Mommy ALWAYS looks beautiful, Rosie!"

I was feeling pretty good until we were driving to church, when Gareth asked me if I had heard the conversation.  I repeated what they had said, and then he filled me in on Nathan's other comment (made somewhat more quietly), "Well, except for days like yesterday when she cleaned house all day and  just stays in her pajama pants".

This boy will definitely keep me grounded!

No comments:

Post a Comment