Friday, March 8, 2013

Noah's Thoughts on Grandparenting

Noah's journal assignment this week asked him if he had ever thought that he might be a grandparent one day and what kind of grandpaent he would like to be.  Here is his entry:

Dear Mom and Dad,
I have never thought about being a grandparent.  I think I would like to be a Grandfather who would be there for my grandchildren.  I would also like to be someone who would take my grandchildren on campouts.  I would be able to use things in nature to tell them about Jesus.  Have you ever thought that maybe you would be grandparents?
Love,
Noah

No parent is ever going to parent perfectly, and I'm so very aware of how often I fail.  Journal entries like this encourage me, though, as I get insights into how Noah thinks about the world and his future.  I sometimes miss the sweet little toddler that he was, but I love to see God at work in his life and am so proud of the young man he is becoming (often in spite of his imperfect parents).  I can't wait to see what his future holds, and if the world lsts that long, I think he's probably going to be a pretty amazing Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment