Monday, February 14, 2011

No Ifs

After last week (see previous post), I sat down with Gareth to confirm with him that he still believed that we were doing the right thing. How much I love that man! His quiet confidence that we are doing what is right and that God will care for us and for Kayleigh is such a comfort right now. Having had several sleepless nights as my brain worked overtime, I asked God to calm my heart and confirm His will concerning this adoption. And He has. I'll post more later about some of the things that I am learning and what Gareth and I have talked about, but for now I want to share with you a couple of quotes that He brought to mind as I lay thinking. They are taken from some reading I did several years ago, books by Corrie ten Boom:

"There are no "ifs" in God's kingdom. No places that are safer than other places. The center of His will is our only safety."-Betsie ten Boom

"There are no "ifs" in God's kingdom. His timing is perfect. His will is our hiding place. Lord Jesus, keep me in your will. Don't let me go made by poking around outside it." -Corrie ten Boom

Powerful stuff! Especially powerful if you remember that these 2 sisters lived during the Nazi occupation of Holland, and along with their father, helped to hide Jews from the Nazis, a choice that landed them in a concentration camp and ultimately cost Betsie and her father their lives.

It may not make sense to those who do not love and serve our Savior, but how comforting the knowledge that in God's will we can find perfect peace and safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment