Saturday, June 12, 2010

Raising Future Husbands

I have long(okay, well, for 6 years) maintained (somewhat jokingly)that one of my biggest jobs as a Mommy is to raise my sons be great husbands. After all, the qualities that will make great "husband material" will also make them successful in many other aspects of life.

I've been fairly confident that Noah will make a great husband since he was a little guy. He's sensitive and gentle, quick to compliment, loves to give kisses and cuddle, likes to do things together, has already learned to put his clothes in the laundry basket, and likes to help with the laundry!

And now, I think I can add Nathan to the category of great future husband material. After a long day shopping, I came home and tried on the new shirt I bought. I walked out into the dining room, and Nathan looked at me and said, "Oh Mommy, if you wear that tomorrow, you'll be the prettiest girl at church".

No comments:

Post a Comment