Friday, January 7, 2011

From the Mouth of Nathan/In the Mouth of Nathan

Okay, I know that I'm supposed to be writing a post to update everyone with what we've been doing the last 6 months, and I will get around to it eventually, I promise. It's been a busy week and I won't get it done today, but I couldn't let the week end without sharing Nathan's latest "funnies" with you.

While working at the computer desk this week, Nathan wandered up to me saying, "I bet I know what you wish". "Oh you do, huh?" was my slightly distracted reply. "Yep. I bet you wish you were me"! --Good to know there isn't anything wrong with his self-confidence!

Life as Nathan's Mommy is NEVER dull. He takes his self-appointed role of court jester very seriously. Unfortunately, life as Nathan's Mommy also has more than its' fair share of plain old nasty moments, too. Case in point, last night's bath time:

I had both boys in the shower. After seeing that they'd washed their hair, I told them to turn the water off while I got the towels. When I turned around, I found Nathan down on all fours in the shower, head to the ground. I should have known better than to ask. I think I'd have been much happier not knowing. But, it would seem that 5 3/4 years with Nathan have not taught me my lesson. "What are you doing", I asked. To which his very serious reply was, "I was trying to lick up all the water before it could go down the drain".

He never did get why Mommy was so upset....

No comments:

Post a Comment